This recipe also works wonderfully with crimini (baby bella) mushrooms for delicious bite-sized appetizers. You’ll need about 8 ounces of criminis if you go that route. Simply prepare the filling and stuff as in the recipe below, and bake for the same length of time.
- Olive oil spray
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup baby arugula (not packed, about 1 ounce), chopped
- 3 walnut halves, minced
- 1 egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with foil. Coat foil with olive oil spray and set aside.
- Use a paring knife to remove mushroom stems and chop finely.
- In a medium bowl, combine chopped mushroom stems, arugula, walnuts, egg, salt and pepper. Mix to combine. Use mixture to stuff mushroom caps and place (stuffing side up) on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until stuffing is firm to the touch.
- 89 calories
- 5g total fat
- 1g saturated fat
- 7g total carbohydrate
- 2g dietary fiber
- 6g protein