This recipe is a great one to have in your arsenal for busy times because it comes together quickly and provides delicious leftovers for several meals, which means finding a healthy lunch is one less thing on your to-do list! You can enjoy this flavorful antipasto on its own or serve as a side dish with grilled chicken. You can find roasted red peppers and pepperoncini in jars, sold near pickles and olives in most grocery stores. Fresh oregano and parsley can be substituted for dried herbs, just triple the amounts.
Makes 5 generous servings, ~1 cup each
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¾ teaspoon dried parsley
- 8 ounces low fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup chopped roasted red peppers (from jar)
- 10 pepperoncini peppers (from jar), stems and seeds discarded
- 1 cucumber, peeled
- 2 tomatoes
- 2¼ ounce can sliced black olives, drained
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano and parsley.
- Cut mozzarella into small cubes, and chop peppers, cucumber, and tomato. Add everything (plus olives) to bowl with dressing and stir to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
- 164 calories
- 8g total fat
- 3g saturated fat
- 8g total carbohydrate
- 2g dietary fiber
- 16g protein