Serves 6 (5-7 cups depending on water added)
- Olive oil spray
- 1 butternut squash, about 2 lbs
- 1 head garlic
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth (or 4 cups water + 4 tsp Better than Bouillon)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with foil. Slice tops off each clove of garlic, leaving the head intact. Drizzle cut surface lightly with oil and wrap head of garlic in tin foil.
- Slice butternut squash lengthwise into quarters and use a spoon to scrape out seeds. Place skin-side down on prepared baking sheet and lightly spray cut surfaces with olive oil. Place foil-wrapped garlic on baking sheet with squash and bake for 60 minutes.
- Unwrap garlic and allow to cool, then gently squeeze the cloves of garlic out of their skins and into Vitamix pitcher. Add one quarter of squash and one cup of broth. Cover and puree until smooth. Transfer to pot and repeat to puree all of the squash with the broth. Add 1-2 cups of additional water to thin soup to desired consistency. Season soup to taste with salt and pepper.
- 71 calories
- 1g total fat
- 0g saturated fat
- 16g total carbohydrate
- 1g dietary fiber
- 2g protein
Have you tried this recipe?:
let us know in the comments what you think